Orthodontics for Teens
Braces, retainers, and everything else you want to know about orthodontics!
Braces! What now?
Braces are cool! Braces today come in a variety of styles, materials, and colors, making life with braces much easier, more comfortable, and more stylish than in the past. You'll love your new braces!
How long will I have to wear braces?
Your orthodontic treatment time will depend on three key factors:
- Early treatment — Early treatment (before all of the permanent teeth erupt) allows orthodontists to monitor the growth of the jaw and recommend treatment if it becomes necessary. Not everybody receives early treatment, and in some cases Dr. Talbot may recommend that a patient wait until they are older.
- What needs correction — The amount of treatment needed to correct a problem will determine how long the process takes. Different patients react to treatments differently, so while it may take one patient only 12 months to complete their treatment, it may take another patient 24 months. Treatment times can vary depending on how quickly your body responds and how much work is needed to give you the show-stopping smile you expect.
- YOU! — Your willingness to follow Dr. Talbot's instructions plays a major role in the length of time it takes to complete your treatment. Always remember to take care of your braces and appliances and wear your elastics as prescribed; this truly will help make your treatment shorter!
Braces Your Way!
Our practice offers a variety of braces, types, and styles to choose from. Some common options include:
- Clear braces with or without using colors
- Invisible braces (Aligners)
- Traditional metal braces with or without using colors
- Self-ligating braces
Orthodontic braces are a big part of life for many people your age. Today's braces are better-looking and more comfortable than ever! Please contact our practice to schedule an appointment.